“Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.” 1 Timothy 5:17
- Pastor of Providence since 2009
- Ordained in May 2003; ordained at PBC Sept. 2009
- Responsible for preaching Sunday morning and evening services
- Serves on the board of elders as full-time vocational elder
- Responsible for biblical vision and theological fidelity to God’s Word
- Also shares responsibilities with the ministry team at Shawn Manor Nursing Home
- Predominant spiritual gifts are teaching, exhortation, and discernment.
Pastor Kevin Grant and his wife, Jennifer, are the joyful parents of three sons, Matthew, Jonathan, and Andrew.
After working for seven years in commercial radio broadcasting as well as anchoring the national news, Pastor Grant earned his Master of Theology degree at Dallas Theological Seminary (2002) with an emphasis in Pastoral Leadership.
He is also a member of the Evangelical Teaching Society, and affiliated with Founders Conference, The Shepherd’s Conference, Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals, and a past member of the American Guild of Organists.
The Grants moved to Ponca City from the Memphis area so that Pastor Grant could bring verse-by-verse expository preaching to Ponca City, Oklahoma for the ultimate purpose of reaching the nations for Jesus Christ.
The Grants found out about Providence through the Master’s Seminary and were delighted to see the church’s passion for preaching God’s Word and for reaching the nations for Christ.
Pastor Grant’s personal interests include: time with his wife Jennifer and their sons, visiting family in Colorado and Tennessee, traveling, church history, barbequing, biblical theology, and hymn-writing.